Wednesday, August 24

The long and winding road

This is the part of the ride on my mobike to my estate that i love the most. Its some curvy bends which brings out the mobiker in me. You gotta play on the gears, go easy on the brakes and do your cornering. The air suddenly gets a little chilly even in the summer day, i guess its cause of the rubber plantations on the sides. You kinda feel as if you are on your way too Ooty or Kodai or something like that but then its all short lived and once you are over this small hillock you are back to plains and heat and dust again.

This afternoon when i took this picture, it all came out in shades of blue. Gods knows why. My autofocus camera cant play tricks with light or effects. So why suddenly is the road ahead blue? Is at an indicator of things to come? Is it a symbolic way of some higher power showing me that there is going to be pain ahead? Anyway i rode on in the afternoon heat looking for answers. The road looked more attractive than before, bike was all power between my legs, slowly pushed up the accelerator , let the needles on my RPM meter dance to Garry Moore's "Empty rooms".

Then like out of nowhere, somewhere near REC, came a challenge. It was a young guy ridding a similar bike as mine but very out of place. He probably was a religious student studying in the nearby Madrassa at Karanthur. Dressed in white mundu, white jubba and the traditional "thalai kettu" he just whizzed past me like a contradiction . So RPM's got heavy , and boy this guy could ride. Initially i really didn't think he would give me a fight( mostly its the REC kids who do it). Never in my wildest dreams did i imagine his adrelin output would be so pumpped up. But it was real fun for the reason that more than the challenge of speed it was the whole scenario that was giving me the kicks. Lets say that made my day.

Anyway the blue road seems still a mystery...... Well here i am travelling on it a lot. Wonder what colour it will be the next time i am on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home